This kit contains over 250 step-by-step photos giving you video-like guidance to creating this peaceful nativity scene.
Each beautifully presented craft kit contains:
- A colour photo step by step instruction booklet
- Divine materials including mottled wool colours and special hair fibres to make one set of Mary and Joseph (standing 14cm tall) baby Jesus and crib.
- foam block to protect your needle and your lap :)
- material scissors
Who is this kit suitable for?
This kit was designed for the complete beginner needle felter, whilst also providing those with more experience with some extra tips and tricks along the way. The booklet gives you so much more than just the basic instruction:
- Glossary demystifying many felting terms and fibres
- Guide to good needling technique
- Explanation of the different fibres plus
- Heaps of transferable techniques, and
- A whole section on creating magical Advent table scenes with meaningful verses and stories.
CHILDREN must be supervised due to the super sharp barbed needle. Parents/carers - please use your own judgement as to whether or not your child is old enough to do this project. As a guide, over 9s seem to have the focus to needle felt.
** Please note ** this piece is not a toy as it contains tiny fibres that could pose as a choking hazard and the kit contains a functional needle that requires adult supervision.
Kit assembled with love in Australia.
About the maker, Arzu Unel-Cleary
A desire to make playthings out of natural fibres for my young boys is how it all began, and Waldorf early education greatly influenced my work; greatly influenced my being actually.
I found out pretty quickly that I LOVE touching natural fibres - 'they' touch 'me'. I'm self taught, and all my pieces are made exclusively with my hands, often dyed with things from my garden or pantry. It's a gentle art form and those I teach find it very meditative.
Living where I do, I get to fill my wells of inspiration every day. Magic happens in our garden. And little folk come to me in my dreams.
Arzu Unel-Cleary (aka zuzu) is a fibre artist and craft educator who regularly posts photos and creative inspiration on http://www.facebook.com/zuzuandme